The focus wheel is a method created by Abraham Hicks that is designed to help an individual focus on a desire and get into alignment with that desire through asking, believing, and receiving. This focus wheel helps us with the believing part of the process. Often, it is easy for us to know what we want and ask for it but believing it is already ours is hard when we can’t see the physical manifestation of it in front of us. We often ask…how can we truly believe it if we can’t see it? This is where having faith in the process needs work. Trust that your source knows exactly what you desire and all you have to do is believe.
Start by writing your desire in the center of the wheel. Then in each spoke of the wheel write down a positive statement that helps you come closer to believing the manifestation of your desire is possible.
For example: My desire is to have a successful career but with finals and a new semester starting soon I feel some doubt and fear creep in. The wheel I have provided has 12 spokes, so lets list twelve different statements that help me believe I have the successful career already in my grasp.
- I am currently working on my graduate degree and making a 4.0.
- I am already working at a private practice similar to the one I hope to have for myself.
- I listen to audio books and pod casts to increase my knowledge in my field.
- I am seeking education and training in other modalities to add to my practice.
- I have a true passion for the field I am working in.
- I am learning something new about myself each day that helps me grow as a therapist.
- I am collaborating with others in my field.
- I have created goals in other areas of my life and have successfully accomplished them.
- I am a strong person who does not give up easily.
- I am already successful in other areas of my life.
- I have great support through family and friends.
- I know I am on the right path because I feel in alignment and like I can do it for hours when I am doing something related to my career goals.
These statements help bring me into alignment with my desire and help me see that I am on the right path. I don’t have to have all the answers of when, where, and how but I know I am heading in the right direction. This eases the worry and doubts that may creep in and take me off course when I am having a rough day. The focus wheel is a great tool to help you refocus on the true desire and not all the negative road blocks that can take you off course. Keep your eye on the prize!
With love, health, and happiness,